When astronauts began to explore the
outer reaches of space, Paul Fisher realized
that there was no existing pen which could
perform in its freezing cold, boiling hot
Countless experiments and a common sense
approach to findings resulted in the invention
of the sealed and pressurized Fisher Space
Pen® cartridge and in 1967, after 18 months
of rigorous testing by NASA, the Space Pen
was selected for use by the astronauts.
Still used on manned space flights, the Fisher
Space Pen is unconditionally guaranteed to
give outstanding service both here on Earth
and in space.
The Fisher Space Pen® is the ultimate
in dependability. Every Space Pen is
guaranteed to perform in temperatures
from -30o to +250o F, underwater, in zero
gravity, at any angle– even upside down!
Its reliability means it’s the only pen you’ll
The Fisher Space Pen is the choice of ski
patrols, search and rescue teams, law
enforcement agencies, armed forces, and
everyone who demands reliability in a
Each Fisher Space Pen is precision assembled,
hand tested, and carries an unconditional
The military accepts no less than the highest design specifications when selecting equipment for the use in the field. Equipment must be reliable while operating under the most extreme conditions
- Remain operational under all climatic conditions
- Write through water and in extreme heat and cold
Recreational and professional scuba divers appreciate the unique characteristics of the Fisher Space Pen.
- Writes Underwater and on wet surfaces
- Not affected by cold damp conditions
- Writes on most smooth surfaces
Used by the Jacques Cousteau Society.
Equipment used by Law Enforcement must be able to function under all operating conditions and in extreme weather. Only the highest quality equipment is selected due to the demanding requirements of the job.
- Writes reliably in extreme weather conditions
- Writes on carbonless paper, through finger prints and in wet conditions
FBI, State Troopers, Provincial Police, Parking Authorities, Conservational Officers
The Fisher Space Pen is a natural choice for Contractors, Carpenters, Mechanics, Heating / Air Conditioning Technicians, Electricians, Construction, Inspection etc.
- Writing upside down on wet surfaces i.e. wet lumber, sheet metal duct work, conduit pipe
- Recording info while working under a vehical, writes on most greasy syrfaces
As part of their daily routine firefighters are exposed to dramatic shifts in temperature and environment conditions. Realiability is a key consideration when choosing equipment.
- Writes in extreme heat and cold
- Pens operating range is -50°f to 250°f
- Through water
- Writes at any angle
Prior to flying on any operational space mission all instruments must pass through a rigorous testing program. The Fisher Space Pen was tested for two years before being accepted by NASA.
- Pens must write in the gravity free vacuum of space
- Must write at any angle
Used on NASA's ISS International Space Station, Apollo Missions, Shuttle Missions, Russian Soyuz, MIR Space Flights and ARIANE French Space program.
The equipment used by search and rescue teams must remain opperational in the most extreme conditions
- Writes through water and underwater and in extreme weather conditions
- Not affected by dirt, grease, cold weather and at any angle
- Capable of recording vital signs on latex gloves without tearing the gloves
Emergency Medical Services, Search and Rescue Personnel including Ambulance Paramedics, Helicopter Tactical Retrieval Units, E.R. Trauma staff.
Mountain climbers benefit from the Space Pen's rugged reliability and capacity to keep writing at any angle, any temperature and any weather conditions encountered during a climb.
- Writes underwater and on wet surfaces
- Not affected by cold damp conditions
- Writes on most surfaces
Used during the Everest North Face Ski Expedition 1997.
The Fisher Space Pen is an ideal product for outdoor enthusiasts for recording memorable data from your excursions i.e. Map info for navigation, golf score on coated stock score cards. The Space Pen keeps writing in the rain, all other weather conditions.
- Writes in all environmental conditions
- Writes on coated paper, plastic
Canoers, hikers Campers, Golfers, Fishermen, Snowmobilers, Skiers
Artists and designers
What better writing instrument to use for designing than one that has won awards for design. The Fisher Space Pen - an example of modern art and engineering.
- Writes on Film, through water and in other dark room applications
- Use specialty colours Silver to add accents to concept drawings i.e. brass railings, aluminum door handles